1. Zero Tolerance
NucleusCRM maintains a zero tolerance policy
for use of its network or services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any bulk e-mail, including unsolicited
bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail
, or the sending, assisting, or commissioning the
transmission of commercial e-mail that does not comply with international anti-spam legislation.
Compliance with international anti-spam legislation consists of the following requirements:
- Expressed or implied consent from recipients to send a message
- Clear and simple identification of the sender(s)
- A way for recipients to unsubscribe from receiving messages in the future
Overall responsibility for NucleusCRM's anti-spam policy and compliance with international anti-spam legislation lies with the Privacy Officer.
Send all communications regarding this policy to email@example.com
Implied Consent is valid only for two years from the date of the last transaction which generated the consent, e.g. date of ticket purchase or expiry date for membership or volunteering.
Express Consent allows NucleusCRM to email the recipient until the recipient unsubscribes. Wherever possible, Express Consent will be collected at the initial point of contact to allow NucleusCRM to reach out to the recipient after the two-year period.
4. Exemptions from Consent
The intent of anti-spam policies is not to discourage the use of electronic means of carrying out commercial activities, despite its broad application. As such, certain exclusions are provided for in the act for
business-to-business (B2B) communications. These include exclusions for communications that are sent within, or between, organizations that already have a relationship, and are relevant to the activities
of the organization who receives the message.
For business-to-consumer (B2C) communications, exemptions exist where the communication
relates to the management of specific types of interactions.
Consent is not required for:
- Quotes or estimates
- Messages that facilitate or confirm transactions
- Messages that provide warranty, recall, safety or security information
- Messages that provide information about Anti-Spam Policy
- Ongoing use or purchases
- Ongoing subscription, membership, accounts, loans or similar
- Employment relationships or benefit plans
- Delivers a product good or service, including updates and upgrades
Although NucleusCRM will be administering all emails in a consistent manner, this anti-spam policy does not apply to NucleusCRM's non-commercial and fundraising activities.
5. Sending Mass Emails
NucleusCRM has set multiple requirements for sending emails through its platform.
Requirements for Sending Mass Emails through NucleusCRM:
- Identification of the organization and anyone the organization represent in the message, including business name, postal address and either a telephone number or an email address.
- Unsubscribe mechanism to stop receipt of future messages. This must be at no cost to the recipient. The unsubscribe request must be respected by the entire organization.
- If it is not practicable to include the identification information and unsubscribe mechanism within the email, these are to be posted on a webpage that is accessible by recipients.
- All information will be accurate and valid for a minimum of 60 days after the message has been sent.
Email address and domain verification ensure ownership of the user's domain, while our email approval process guarantees further compliance with this policy.
6. Forward to a Friend Promotions
Marketing campaigns that are based on forwarding the message to a friend are permissible; however, an organization cannot induce another party to contravene the Act.
7. Unsubscribe Requirements
Unsubscribe requirements are as follows:
- All emails must contain a statement indicating that the person can unsubscribe.
- All emails must include an unsubscribe mechanism or link to a website where someone can unsubscribe.
- The unsubscribe mechanism must be 'readily performed'.
- Unsubscribing must be at no cost to the recipient.
- The unsubscribe information must be accurate and valid for a minimum of 60 days after the message has been sent.
- The unsubscribe must take effect within 24 hours from the time that the unsubscribe was requested.
8. Spam Filtering
NucleusCRM automatically scans all outgoing (and incoming) e-mails for both viruses and Spam to reduce the likelihood that its email systems can be used to send viruses and Spam.
NucleusCRM also sends outgoing emails through third parties. Filtering of outgoing messages is managed by the service providers themselves.
9. Receipt of Unwanted Messages from NucleusCRM or it's customers
As noted above, occasional instances may occur where messages defined as “Spam”, or not in compliance with international anti-spam polcies are sent.
If such an instance were to occur and were brought to the attention of an NucleusCRM support member, the Privacy Officer is to be notified immediately.
The Privacy Officer will investigate and take remedial action as required to ensure that NucleusCRM remains compliant with international anti-spam policies.
The following details are to be included in the incident report to the Privacy Officer:
- Recipient’s email address
- Sender’s email address
- Date and time sent
- Content of message
- Description of Incident
For more information about our anti-spam policy, if you have questions, regarding this anti-spam policy, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
NucleusCRM LLC - 2232 Dell Range Blvd., Suite 245 - 3306, Cheyenne, WY, 82009, United States
© NucleusCRM LLC